DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 9AM MONDAY 2ND DECEMBER
Job Title: Part-time Production Manager/PA for artist filmmaker, Brighton
An exciting opportunity to work closely with established artist Emma Critchley, based at Phoenix Studios, Brighton.
Working across photography, film, sound and installation, Emma Critchley’s long-standing areas of enquiry examine the underwater environment as a psychological, environmental and political space.
The role involves managing several projects simultaneously. The work is varied depending on the projects, which are often collaborations between several parties including partner organisations, councils, scientists, academics and artists. The role involves organising and liaising between the various parties. Current projects include a public sound installation, an underwater film project for Coventry City of Culture 2021 working with the Heritage Lottery Fund, an underwater film project for The Science Gallery, Venice.
- Time management and organisation across projects
- Liaising with collaborators
- Help with sourcing funding
- Managing web content
- Targeted social media
- Managing prints sales: printing, postage etc
- Quarterly newsletter mail outs
- Production management for projects/shoots – including negotiating fees, locations etc.
- Help with production on different projects: Booking studio, equipment, travel, liaising with team, helping to manage budget.
- Setting up meetings, visits
- Experience working within the arts and production
- A good communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Quick learner
- Well organised & can-do attitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work alone, and part of a team
- Experience with Microsoft Office/Photoshop/Web content management
Start date: beginning January, 2020
Hours are flexible, but approx. 25 hours per month. Rate £20 per hour.
Please email your CV and a cover letter stating why you want the job and what you will bring to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am Monday 2nd December.